At C&T Tool & Machine, we are always on the lookout for the best & brightest to join our fast-paced, dynamic work environment. We are currently seeking experienced candidates for the following position:
Position: CNC Lathe Operator
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Peterborough, ON
Duties and responsibilities
- Set-up and operate CNC LATHE machines.
- Read and interpret drawings.
- Read and create G code on the program.
- Perform visual inspection.
- Create tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- Inspect parts machined on the multi-axis CNC mill and lathe.
- Program your own jobs with Mastercam or Bobcam.
- Troubleshoot machine malfunctions for adjustments or repairs.
- Participate in production planning.
- Follow procedures.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Post-Secondary diploma in a related field preferred.
- Machinist license an asset.
- Experience in aerospace industry an asset.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Critical eye for identifying defects.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- You can work indoors with noise, vibrations and other hazards that are common on the job
- You enjoy working to close and exacting tolerances
- You have the stamina to be on your feet for long periods of time
- You like to learn new things on a consistent basis
- You like working with computers
- You work well with others
- Competitive benefit package offered.
- Only those candidates chosen for interview will be contacted.
- Salary: $20.00-$29.16 per hour
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
***Please note that due to the nature of our business, employment is contingent upon an acceptable Controlled Goods Security Assessment and Background Check (including Criminal Record Check)***